Electron 将在 Electron23 中开始结束 Windows 7, Windows 8 和 Windows 8.1 的支持。
In line with Chromium’s deprecation policy, Electron will end support of Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 beginning in Electron 23. This matches Microsoft's end of support for Windows 7 ESU and Windows 8.1 extended on January 10th, 2023.
Electron 22 will be the last Electron major version to support Windows versions older than 10. Electron 23 及以后的主要版本将不支持 Windows 7/8/8.1。 Older versions of Electron will continue to function on Windows 7, and we will continue to release patches for Electron the 22.x series until May 30 2023, when Electron will end support for 22.x (according to our support timeline).
Electron 遵循计划中的Chromium 弃置策略，它将不支持Chromium 109 (在这里阅读更多关于 Chromium 的时间表)。 Electron 23 将包含 Chromium 110, 它不支持旧版本的Windows。
因此含有Chromium 108的Electron 22将是最后一个支持版本。
The following is our planned deprecation timeline:
- 2022 年 12 月：Electron 团队将度过一段假期，此时将不会有大的动向。
- January 2023: Windows 7 & 8 related issues are accepted for all supported release branches.
- 2023 年 2 月 7 日: Electron 23 将发布。
- February 8 2023 - May 29 2023: Electron will continue to accept fixes for supported lines older than Electron 23.
- 2023: Electron 22 迎来其支持周期的终结。
- The Electron team will accept issues and fixes related to Windows 7/8/8.1 for stable supported lines, until each line reaches the end of its support cycle.
- This specifically applies to Electron 22, Electron 21 and Electron 20.
- New issues related to Windows 7/8/8.1 will be accepted for Electron versions older than Electron 23.
- New issues will not be accepted for any newer release lines.
- Once Electron 22 has reached the end of its support cycle, all existing issues related to Windows 7/8/8.1 will be closed.
2023/02/16: An update on Windows Server 2012 support
Last month, Google announced that Chrome 109 would continue to receive critical security fixes for Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 until October 10, 2023. In accordance, Electron 22's (Chromium 108) planned end of life date will be extended from May 30, 2023 to October 10, 2023. The Electron team will continue to backport any security fixes that are part of this program to Electron 22 until October 10, 2023.
Note that we will not make additional security fixes for Windows 7/8/8.1. Also, Electron 23 (Chromium 110) will only function on Windows 10 and above as previously announced.