The Electron project will pause for the month of December 2023, then return to full speed in January 2024.
What will be the same in December
- Zero-day and other major security-related releases will be published as necessary. Security incidents should be reported via SECURITY.md.
- Code of Conduct reports and moderation will continue.
What will be different in December
- Electron 28.0.0 will be released on December 5th. After Electron 28, there will be no new Stable releases in December.
- No Nightly and Alpha releases for the last two weeks of December.
- With few exceptions, no pull request reviews or merges.
- No issue tracker updates on any repositories.
- No Discord debugging help from maintainers.
- No social media content updates.
This is our third year running our quiet period experiment, and we've had a lot of success so far in balancing a month of rest with maintaining our normal release cadence afterwards. Therefore, we've decided to make this a regular part of our release calendar going forward. We'll still be putting a reminder into the last stable release of every calendar year.
See you all in 2024!