The Electron project will pause for the month of December 2022, then return to full speed in January 2023.
What will be the same in December
- Zero-day and other major security-related releases will be published as necessary. Security incidents should be reported via SECURITY.md.
- Code of Conduct reports and moderation will continue.
What will be different in December
- No new Stable releases in December. No Nightly and Alpha releases for the last two weeks of December.
- With few exceptions, no pull request reviews or merges.
- No issue tracker updates on any repositories.
- No Discord debugging help from maintainers.
- No social media content updates.
Why is this happening?
With the success of December Quiet Month 2021, we wanted to bring it back for 2022. December continues to be a quiet month for most companies, so we want to give our maintainers a chance to recharge. Everyone is looking forward to 2023, and we expect good things to come! We encourage other projects to consider similar measures.