Distributing Apps With Electron Forge
Electron Forge is a tool for packaging and publishing Electron applications. It unifies Electron's build tooling ecosystem into a single extensible interface so that anyone can jump right into making Electron apps.
The Electron Forge docs contain detailed information on taking your application from source code to your end users' machines. This includes:
- Packaging your application (package)
- Generating executables and installers for each OS (make), and,
- Publishing these files to online platforms to download (publish).
For beginners, we recommend following through Electron's tutorial to develop, build, package and publish your first Electron app. If you have already developed an app on your machine and want to start on packaging and distribution, start from step 5 of the tutorial.
- If you need help with developing your app, our community Discord server is a great place to get advice from other Electron app developers.
- If you suspect you're running into a bug with Forge, please check the GitHub issue tracker to see if any existing issues match your problem. If not, feel free to fill out our bug report template and submit a new issue.