The Electron project will pause for the month of December 2021, then return to full speed in January 2022.
- Zero-day and other major security-related releases will be published as necessary. Security incidents should be reported via SECURITY.md.
- Code of Conduct reports and moderation will continue.
- No new Beta or Stable releases in December. No Nightly releases for the last two weeks of December.
- With few exceptions, no pull request reviews or merges.
- No issue tracker updates on any repositories.
- No Discord debugging help from maintainers.
- No social media content updates.
In short, while maintainers are happy and engaged with the project, THE WORLD IS TIRED. December is a quiet month for most companies, so we want to give our maintainers a chance to recharge. We encourage other projects to consider similar measures.
No. We are able to take this step because the project is in good shape. Everyone is looking forward to 2022, and we expect good things to come!