Wexond is an extensible and privacy-focused web browser with a totally different user experience, built on top of
React. It aims to be fast, private, beautiful, extensible and functional.
- Wexond Shield - Browse the web without any ads and don't let websites to track you. Thanks to the Wexond Shield, websites can load even 2 times faster!
- Built-in dark mode - Wexond has a built-in dark theme, but it also changes white websites to dark with just a one click in Overlay. No eyestrain at night anymore!
- Beautiful and minimalistic UI - The address bar is hidden to take less space, but it doesn't impact on usability in any way. It's even better! Give it a shot
- Tab groups - Easily group tabs to groups and access them really fast.
- Partial support for Chrome extensions - Install some extensions from Chrome Web Store* (see #110)
- Packages - Extend Wexond for your needs, by installing or developing your own packages* (#147) (WIP)
If you have found any bugs or just want to see some new features in Wexond, feel free to open an issue. We're open to any suggestions. Bug reports would be really helpful for us and appreciated very much. Wexond is in heavy development and some bugs may occur. Also, please don't hesitate to open a pull request. This is really important to us and for the further development of this project.
Before running Wexond, please ensure you have latest
Node.js installed on your machine.
When running on Windows, make sure you have build tools installed. You can install them by running this command as administrator:
$ npm i -g windows-build-tools
Firstly, run this command to install all needed dependencies. If you have encountered any problems, please report it.
$ npm install
The given command below will run Wexond in the development mode.
$ npm run dev
Guides and the API reference are located in