This Project Has Been Abandoned
Feel free to clone it and make any changes you'd like, but I am no longer working on this project, and I'm sure several things don't work. I made this as my first realy project with AngularJS so the code is absolutely atrocious! Continue at your own risk.
Reach Podcast Player
Reach Podcast Player is a RSS-based podcast player, meaning that in order to listen to your favorite podcasts, all you have to do is copy and paste the RSS feed from the podcast.
Who Is This For?
This application is for all podcast listeners. Itunes, Spotify, and whereever you get your podcasts, have a ton of available podcast but every once in a while you will hear about a new podcast and search for it on your favorite podcast provider and they won't have it! with Reach, all you need is the RSS feed and you're good to go. No need to listen to podcasts accross different programs.
What's Under The Hood?
This was made with electron and angularjs. This is my first time using both of these items so some parts of the program are not perfectly optomized, but I plan on continuing to work on both the program itself, and my angular and electron skills in order to fuilly optimize the program.
- Make listening queue
- Scale better
- With generic window sizes the program looks fine, but at smaller than average sizes, things get bad
- Redo podcast-view UI
- When a user clicks a podcast, the current UI is for the old theme, and needs to be updated
Have the podcasts actually get the latest episodes when the user opens up the app
- Make a wiki page, or release distributions
- If I can figure out how, I'd like to be able to give the users notifications when a new update is available
- The Play/Pause button is very dodgy at the moment in terms of click detection, so I gotta fix that
- Put that data structure and algorithm class to good use
- Add comments everywhere