There are dozens of amazing Qur'ān applications on mobile devices, and some great ones online for all devices (like the awesome quran.com) — but there was nothing up-to-date that targeted desktop computers/laptops with only useful features (without excess) and beautiful design.
Qawl is an uncompromising desktop Qur'ān reading app, featuring:
- Lightning-fast startup and performance
- Ultra high-quality scanned mushaf
- Beautiful-yet-effective design
- Powerful navigation using table of contents, page flip, or direct entry
- Precise, user-controlled zoom
- One-click access to recitations, tafsir and translations
- Offline support
- Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts
- Stunning dark theme
- Resume directly at your last read page, zoom and theme
- Natural controls with simple click-and-drag scrolling, touchpad pinch gestures, and automatic entry of page when pressing number keys ✋🏼
- Helpful tooltips to explain all features and teach keyboard shortcuts
See Qawl in action.
Head to the releases page and choose the appropriate download for your operating system.
Tooltips within the app also explain the keyboard shortcuts for the respective function
|Turn page left||
|Turn page right||
|Jump to last page||
|Open on quran.com||
- Clone the repo
cdto the directory
npm ito install (dev) dependencies
npm startto run the app locally
- Build using
npm run dist
New Mushaf Source: From the King Fahd Glorious Quran Printing Complex online site.
main.js, which loads
index.html, which then loads
- Mobile devices will not be supported; there are already amazing native apps built for them. Qawl supports tablet screen-sizes, though.
- This is meant to replicate the mushaf, so single-page view won't be supported.
- Notes & bookmarks will not be added to the app; keeping separate (digital/manual) notebooks is encouraged instead.