Oversetter is an translation app, which allows you to translate content directly from your menu bar. Oversetter is an open-source project based on Angular and Electron. It uses free API of Yandex Translate for text translation.
- 93 languages - Thanks to Yandex Translate API
- Built-in dictionary - Save words and phrases for later
- Themes support - Includes dark and light theme
- Cross-platform support - Available for MacOs, Linux and Windows
- Fast and easy access - Open Oversetter directly from the system tray
- Offline mode - Save and learn vocabulary also in offline mode
Oversetter is also available as snap package:
sudo snap install oversetter
How to use
- Register free Yandex Translate API-Key (or use built-in dev-key for the first time).
- Install dependencies, build and run application with electron:
npm install npm run build npm run run:electron
npm run build-dev
NODE_ENV=dev npm run run:electron
npm run build:mac npm run build:linux npm run build:windows npm run build:all
npm run package:all
ToDo: Next steps
See Projects-tab. Feel free to contribute!