Electron and styled with Material Design.A multi-platform log viewer built with
- Multiple opened files in tabs.
- Tail file changes.
- Filter log levels.
- Colored log entries.
- Customize log levels pattern.
- Customize log levels color.
- Cross platform
- Windows, macOS and Linux ready.
# Clone this repository $ git clone https://github.com/tmoreno/open-log-viewer # Go into the repository $ cd open-log-viewer # Install dependencies $ npm install # Build app $ npm run build # Run the app $ npm run start
Open Log Viewer is available for Linux, Mac and Windows
- Now macOS users can copy/paste using shortcuts
- Automatic scrolling to the last log entry while new entries are append.
- Added -f/--file arguments to open a log file from the terminal.
- New lines are append to the end of editor instead of cursor position.
- When a line starts with more than 4 spaces the line is whited.
- Update to Electron 8 and the rest of dependencies.
- Now you can use valid Java Script regular expressions when you specify a pattern for a log severity.
- A button to close the about dialog should appear for linux and mac.
- Added italian translation. Thanks Alessio Cuccovillo
- Added font size setting.
- Restart app when change a log pattern.
- Reset settings when click on cancel button.
- When there are more than one file opened then files with no line matches has the previous severity color.
- If the first line does not match any log severity pattern, then the viewer was empty.
- Enabled search feature. Press Ctrl+F or Command+F to find words or text in the log file.
- Show line numbers.
- Color and patterns settings are global instead of by file.
- Changes on patterns are applied after restarting the application.
- Color and pattern settings are not migrated to this version, so you will lost them.
This software uses the following open source packages:
This project is licensed under the GPLv3 License - see the LICENSE file for details