Mockoon is the easiest and quickest way to run mock APIs locally. No remote deployment, no account required, open source. It has been built with Electron and can be used on Windows (exe), Linux (deb, rpm, Appimage and Snap) and MacOS (dmg or brew). You can download it here: mockoon.com
Mockoon offers many features:
- unlimited number of mock local servers and routes
- complete control on routes definition: HTTP methods and statuses, regex paths, file serving, custom headers, etc.
- OpenAPI compatibility
- Record/logs of all entering and forwarded requests
- JSON templating
- proxy forwarding mode
- HTTPS support
You can check the complete list on the website.
You can get Mockoon latest release directly from this repository or on the official website. Mockoon is also available through Homebrew
brew cask install mockoon, Snap store
snap install mockoon, Chocolatey
choco install mockoon or AUR
yay -S mockoon-bin (or any other AUR helper).
You can discuss all things related to Mockoon, and ask for help, on the Spectrum community. It's also a good place to discuss bugs and feature requests before opening an issue on this repository.
If community support is not enough and you still want to open an issue for a bug or a new feature, please follow these simple guidelines:
- search the opened and closed issues before opening any issue
- try to give detailed instructions in order to reproduce the bug (providing the mock data you used could be useful)
- the purpose of Mockoon is to be simple, fast and easy to use; so keep in mind that some features may not be implemented!
You will find the documentation on the official website. It covers Mockoon's most complex features. Feel free to contribute or ask for new topics to be covered.
If you are interested in contributing to Mockoon, please take a look at the document CONTRIBUTING.
Please also take a look at our Code of Conduct.