MagicCap is a image/GIF capture suite for Mac and Linux. You can get a precompiled copy from the releases page of this GitHub page. It has the following features:
- Very cross compatible. You should get the same experience on Mac and Linux.
- Very easy to add to. You don't need to faff around with modifying HTML; instead you write a small file that includes all of the config options and the upload script (most of this is handled by
- Very fast. Captures are optimised to be as fast as possible.
- Very flexible. You can choose to upload to whatever service you want to or just save the file.
- Very functional. Want to capture a GIF? No problem. Want to blur a screenshot? No problem. MagicCap is there to help you with whatever you want.
This is not for Windows!
ShareX is amazing for that!
MagicCap supports the following uploaders (this list will expand over time):
- Custom HTTP POST
- Passive (S)FTP
- S3 (Amazon and other S3-compatible providers)
- ShareX (upload only)
The following people have done a ton to help in the creation of MagicCap. If you have done something to help and want your name here, feel free to make a pull request. This is in alphabetical order, not the order of the work people have done:
- Devon (Da532) - Made all of the branding.
- Harrison (AO554) - Helped us test for Mac.
- Jacob (Kelwing) - Helped with some Go towards the project.
- Jake (JakeMakesStuff) - Made the majority of the GUI/capture code for MagicCap.
- Jake (techfan36) - Helped us test for Linux.
- Matt (IPv4) - Refactored file naming, added random emoji & upload from clipboard.
- Rhys (SunburntRock89) - Helped me with the structure and fixing bugs. Also fixed FTP.
- Sam (REC) - Made the FTP logo.
In order to download needed packages, run
npm i. This will get all of the needed packages. You can then run one of the following commands:
npm run maccompile- Compiles for Mac.
npm run linuxcompile- Compiles for Linux.
If you are on Mac, you'll need to download XCode.
For more information on installation/configuration and compiling, please refer to the documentation.