System-wide Web3 for macOS, Windows and Linux
Frame is a native web3 interface that lets you sign data, securely manage accounts and transparently interact with dapps via web3 protocols like Ethereum and IPFS!
- First-class Hardware Signer Support
- Use your GridPlus, Ledger and Trezor accounts with any dapp!
- Extensive Software Signer Support
- Use a mnemonic phrase, keystore.json or standalone private keys to create and backup accounts!
- You'll always have full control of which dapps have permission to access Frame and can monitor with full transparency what requests are being made to the network.
- Set your own connections to Ethereum and IPFS
- Never be locked into using a centralized gateway
- Menu Bar Support
- Frame stays out of the way and sits quietly in your menu bar until it's needed
- Cross Platform
- macOS, Windows and Linux!
# Clone › git clone https://github.com/floating/frame # Install › npm install # Run › npm run prod
On Windows: Run
npm install --global --production windows-build-tools as administrator before running the demo. You can find more info about this here: https://github.com/felixrieseberg/windows-build-tools.
On Ubuntu: Run
sudo apt-get install build-essential libudev-dev before running the demo.
› npm run bundle # Create app bundle › npm run build # Build apps for current platform
Connect to Frame natively
Frame exposes system-wide JSON-RPC endpoints
http://127.0.0.1:1248 that you can connect to from any app. We recommend using eth-provider to create a connection
const provider = ethProvider('frame') as
eth-provider will handle any connection edge cases across browsers and environments
Frame's injected provider
Frame also has a browser extension for injecting a Frame-connected EIP-1193 provider into web apps as
window.etheruem. This can be used to inject a connection when an app does not provide the option to connect to Frame natively.
- Frame Chat - Feel free to drop in and ask questions!
- Frame Browser Extension - Use Frame with any web dapp
- eth-provider - A universal Ethereum provider
- Restore - A predictable and observable state container for React apps