A minimalistic music player, designed for simplicity. Built on electron, uses Howler for handling music playback, Svelte for the UI, and music-metadata to retrieve ID3 tags.
This can also serve as a starting point to implement your own front-end/UI for a music Player.
Download here: Releases
How to use
1. The Player
Download the build for your OS. Start the application and then click on the Folders tab on the top left corner, this will bring up a window where you can select the folder where you want to play your audio files from. Once you select a folder with songs, just click play.
2. Building from the repo
Clone the repository, make it your working directory, and then on your terminal run
Once all the dependencies have finished downloading, run
npm run app-dev to test it, and
npm run build to build it for your platform.
- Supports: mp3, opus, ogg, wav, aac, m4a and webm.
- Reads ID3 tags and displays the artist and album art (if they exist)
- Quickly switch tracks from the playlist.
- Search for songs from the search bar.
- Instantly switch between Dark, Light and Disco modes
Some new features and under the hood stuff that will be or has already been implemented. They'll be included in the next update
- New function to shuffle songs.
You can find the changelog for all releases here