A music player that connects to your cloud/distributed storage,
in the form of a static, serverless, web application.
Music layer for music storage. User layer for user-data storage.
Hosting on your own server
I should also note that some source services use OAuth, so you'll need to use your own application credentials (eg. google drive client id + secret). That said, if you're working locally you can use
http://127.0.0.1:44999 to use the default ones, that's what the old Electron app was using.
- Diffuse is a static, serverless, web application
- Routing is done using hashes/fragments (eg.
- Download a web build on the releases page
- Uses service workers (use HTTPS if possible)
- May need own OAuth application credentials for some source services
Building it yourself
This project uses Nix to manage the project's environment. If you'd like to build this project without Nix, check out the dependencies in the
shell.nix file (most are available through Homebrew as well).
# 🍱 # 1. Setup Nix environment # https://nixos.org/download.html # 2. Install js dependencies just install-deps # 3. Build, start server & watch for changes just