A music player that connects to your cloud/distributed storage,
in the form of a static, serverless, web application.
User layer for user-data storage.
Music layer for music storage.
Hosting on your own server
- Diffuse is a static, serverless, web application
- Routing is done using hashes/fragments (eg.
- Download a web build on the releases page
- Uses service workers (use HTTPS if possible)
- May need own OAuth application credentials for some source services
Building it yourself
For version numbers, see
All of these, except the last one, can be install using homebrew.
- Elm programming language
- Haskell programming language
- Node.js programming language with the Yarn package manager
- Devd web server for development (optional)
- Watchexec watching for file changes (optional)
- Elm Proofread documentation tests (optional)
# 🍱 # 1. Install programming languages: # Elm 0.19.1 & Haskell (Stack), see links above # 2. Install dependencies yarn install # 3. Build, start server & watch for changes make