AppServer is a Multi Talented Server System with versatile Use Cases. It works as:
- Desktop App Server for serving HTML, CSS, JS etc files from a folder for viewing in browser along with functional ajax system.
- Partial Proxy Server for transfering request at a local port to a remote server. This facialtes in studing request pattern and resources being used.
- Converts any desktop folder into website right from your desktop.
- If index.html is missing, also automatically visualizes an index of files available.
- Works as Proxy Server for viewing assets used by site.
- Monitors the folder for changes and updates the page if found changed.
- Can remember your earlier folders.
- Autoupdate System
- Port conflict resolution via porthog
- Native System Notifications
- Option to output logs to physical file
- Multiple Themes
- System Tray Support
- "Run in Background" Mode
- Log Filtering
- Advanced Live Reload
- Custom Response Headers
- Multiple server root directories with different ports
- Realtime connection monitoring & statistics
This project is inspired from https://github.com/teseve/teseve. I thank the authors for this nice application and making it Open Source.