Antares SQL Client
Antares is an SQL client based on Electron.js and Vue.js that aims to become a useful tool, especially for developers.
Our target is to support as many databases as possible, and all major operating systems, including the ARM versions.
At the moment this application is in development state, many features will come in future updates, and supports only MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL and SQLite.
At the moment, however, there are all the features necessary to have a pleasant database management experience, so give it a chance and send us your feedback, we would really appreciate it.
We are actively working on it, hoping to provide new cool features, improvements and fixes as soon as possible.
Current key features
- Multiple database connections at same time.
- Database management (add/edit/delete).
- Full tables management, including indexes and foreign keys.
- Views, triggers, stored routines, functions and schedulers management (add/edit/delete).
- A modern and friendly tab system; keep open every kind of tab you need in your workspace.
- Fake table data filler to generate tons of data for test purpose.
- Query suggestions and auto complete.
- Query history: search through the last 1000 queries.
- SSH tunnel support.
- Dark and light theme.
- Editor themes.
- Secure password storage.
Why are we developing an SQL client when there are a lot of them on the market?
A modern application created with minimalism and semplicity in mind, with features in the right places, not hundreds of tiny buttons, nested tabs or submenu; productivity comes first.
Based on your operating system you can have one or more distribution formats to choose based on your preferences.
Since Antares SQL is a free software we haven't a budget to spend in annual licenses or certificates. This can result that on some platforms you need some additional passages to install this app.
On Linux you can simply download and run
.AppImage distributions, install from Snap Store or from AUR.
On Windows you can choose between Microsoft Store and download
.exe distribution. The latter lacks of a certificate, so to install you need to click on "More info" and then "Run anyway" on SmartScreen prompt.
On macOS you can run
.dmg distribution following this guide to install apps from unknown developers.
This is a roadmap with major features will come in near future.
- Database tools.
- Users management (add/edit/delete).
- More context menu shortcuts.
- More keyboard shortcuts.
- Import/export and migration.
- Support for other databases.
- Apple Silicon distribution
How to contribute
Thanks goes to these wonderful people (emoji key):
Fabio Di Stasio
Ngô Quốc Đạt
This project follows the all-contributors specification. Contributions of any kind welcome!