Altus is an Electron-based WhatsApp client with themes and multiple account support, available for Windows, Mac and Linux!
Altus uses the GitHub-produced Electron framework to wrap around WhatsApp Web and add extra features to it.
- Multiple Account Support: As of v2.0, you can use multiple WhatsApp accounts simultaneously!
- Native notification support for all of the platforms. Clicking the notification opens that specific chat!
- Online Indicator: Shows an indicator at the bottom-left corner of the chats that are online!
- Dark mode for when you need to chill out your eyes in the night (or even in the day)
- Custom Theme Support: Write your own CSS theme for WhatsApp or use the in-built Theme Customizer to create a new one just by picking colors!
- Available for most desktop platforms including Windows (7 or above), Linux and MacOS.
- Tray icon so you can minimize the app completely and still receive notifications.
In order to submit a feature request, create a new issue with the label
Please make sure that you provide a helpful description of your feature request. If possible, try implementing the feature yourself by forking this repository and then creating a pull request.
Default WhatsApp Theme
Dark WhatsApp Theme
If you like Altus, consider supporting it by donating using any of the following methods:
Below is the list of the dependencies that helped me greatly to create this app.
(vednoc/onyx) - used as the base for the dark theme. A really cool project, you should definitely check it out!Onyx
(cferdinandi/tabby) - used to implement the tabs system.Tabby
(https://sweetalert2.github.io/) - used to implement pop-ups.SweetAlert2
https://manropefont.com/ - The font used in Altus.Manrope
(Simonwep/pickr) - used to implement color pickers.pickr
(AlexTorresSk/custom-electron-titlebar) - used to create a custom titlebar instead of the plain titlebar that Electron has by defaultcustom-electron-titlebar
(sindresorhus/electron-store) - used to store information of settings, tabs and themeselectron-store
Below is the list of contributors who have contributed to Altus by creating a feature or helping fix an issue.