Alchemy is an open-source file converter (built on Electron and React). It also supports operations like merging files together into a pdf. We hope to support more operations and file types soon!
- Beautifully simple. Super easy, drag-and-drop interface for converting/merging files
- Merge files. Merge multiple images into one pdf, you can even change the file order
- Convert files. Batch-convert multiple files to a variety of file types
- Simply open the app by clicking on the menubar icon, or by hitting
- Then just drag your image files into the application and select any options.
- Finally, click the convert/merge to seamlessly convert them into a variety of formats, or merge them into a pdf or gif. You can also hold
⇧while dropping to merge the files into a pdf immediately.
Download the latest release from the Alchemy Releases Page
We haven't tested Alchemy on Linux yet, but if you're feeling adventurous go right ahead and create a build for your platform of choice.
If you have discovered a bug or have a feature suggestion, feel free to create an issue on Github.
If you'd like to make some changes yourself, see the following:
- Fork this repository to your own GitHub account and then clone it to your local device
- Build the webpack bundle and start the application:
yarn build && yarn start
- Help us keep our code clean and safe:
npm i --package-lock-only && npm audit fix
- Run the tests with:
- Finally, submit a pull request with your changes!