Desktop markdown editor with inline preview
In Abricotine, you can preview your document directly in the text editor rather than in a side pane.
Abricotine is an open-source software based on modern web technologies (HTML5, CSS3 & Node.js). It is available on Windows (7 and +), Linux and OS X.
- Write in markdown (or GFM) and export your documents in HTML using templates, or in any other format supported by Pandoc (PDF, docx, ODT, etc.),
- Preview text elements (such as headers, images, math, embedded videos, todo lists...) while you type,
- Use different themes to display your documents,
- Use custom postprocessors to export your documents ("tasks"),
- Auto save your document on change (optional),
- Display document table of content in the side pane,
- Display syntax highlighting for code,
- Show helpers, anchors and hidden characters,
- Copy formatted HTML in the clipboard,
- Write in a distraction-free fullscreen view,
- Manage and beautify markdown tables,
- Search and replace text,
- Ligatures support (Fira Code must be installed on your computer),
- And more features to come...
Abricotine is an open source program. Feel free to fork and contribute.
In order to keep the match between this documentation and the last release, please contribute and pull requests on the dedicated
Abricotine - Markdown Editor
Copyright (c) 2020 Thomas Brouard
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.